Friday 16 December 2016

Existential Crisis, update!

Two days ago, I wrote this email to my senior management team:

...I was wondering what you saw as the function of the library and the librarian.  I know what I believe it should be but I was wondering about how the senior management saw it. I'm not asking for a quick reply but would appreciate you giving it some thought over Christmas and getting back to me in the new year.  I am going to ask the rest of the upper school staff to think about it as well.  I am sure that I will get the usual responses but what I would like to know is how you would like to see the library and the librarian function within the school. Perhaps after the feedback we could arrange to meet and discuss your thoughts and mine.


The reply I received was:

It may be worth posing some questions in a googleform for all of the SLT and possibly HoDs if you are asking the same question of them?

I am waiting to see if this is the only reply I receive from them.  If it is, it speaks volumes!


No comments:

Post a Comment